Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 68

Thread: region d championship

  1. #41
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    I don't see GC's point there, and since we would have had a home game today ourselves, the argument kind of is hard to understand. Sure, I'd have love to have had it at Clintwoods field and I could say the same thing that we have more visiting seating, etc. It creates a nice atmopshere. There are some things that complicate it, locker rooms, getting people to work it and less visitor seating but you also get something that makes it more special, kind of like playing in Salem for the finals. You're never going to make everybody happy, but its kind of funny that other teams who would have home games, don't complain. It's not Burger King and its not always your way. The rest of the region understands that.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #42
    Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by joe morgan View Post
    You should move to Gate City since you love them so much.
    Far from loving GC so much. Just speaking the way I see it.

    Nice try though.

  3. #43
    Inactive Member DJP's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2009
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    joeseph doesn't disapoint trumpet
    Gate City: 16 State Championships in the 2000s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #44
    Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    joeseph doesn't disapoint trumpet
    I respect GC but I don't love them. I do have several friends at GC. I see it both ways: GC should have the right to host as the first seed and the double header at UVa Wise is nice.

  5. #45
    Inactive Member DJP's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2009
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    same. i love PVs proud history of kicking blatant ass in football, but not so much THEM haha but my sister married a 97 champion so i got to get used to it i guess..i hear it enough
    Gate City: 16 State Championships in the 2000s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by R0cketer View Post
    I don't see GC's point there, and since we would have had a home game today ourselves, the argument kind of is hard to understand. Sure, I'd have love to have had it at Clintwoods field and I could say the same thing that we have more visiting seating, etc. It creates a nice atmopshere. There are some things that complicate it, locker rooms, getting people to work it and less visitor seating but you also get something that makes it more special, kind of like playing in Salem for the finals. You're never going to make everybody happy, but its kind of funny that other teams who would have home games, don't complain. It's not Burger King and its not always your way. The rest of the region understands that.

    Just heard some Great news! A very reliable source emailed me that things ar going to change soon! Going to be more like Basketball with D1 staying at Wise but D2 is splitting away to VA High! The plan is all Region Playoff games will played at Neautral sites now. I dont like it but am glad D2 is moving away from Wise!

  7. #47
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    that isn't what I heard. I was told that GC will declare themselves as Independent and if they go undefeated in regular season will await a BCS bid instead of concerning themselves with local championships.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #48
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Just heard some Great news! A very reliable source emailed me that things ar going to change soon! Going to be more like Basketball with D1 staying at Wise but D2 is splitting away to VA High! The plan is all Region Playoff games will played at Neautral sites now. I dont like it but am glad D2 is moving away from Wise!

    IMHO Honaker would be a better site for Div2

  9. #49
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    that isn't what I heard. I was told that GC will declare themselves as Independent and if they go undefeated in regular season will await a BCS bid instead of concerning themselves with local championships.

    They thought about it but decided to wait untill there is a playoff system in play instead of going to a bowl game and beating the pants of of UT or VT.

  10. #50
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Counts View Post
    IMHO Honaker would be a better site for Div2

    I would prefer Richlands.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •